This past weekend was a great weekend! I got to see my dad and sister, who I don't get to see very often. My other sis graduated from medical school to become Dr. Amy Coker. I attempted and completed a 12 mile run. We celebrated my first Mother's Day with my mom and grandmother - three generations of mothers together. And we got to use Robby's grill and eat hamburgers and hot dogs. So many fun things!
I will admit that I've been slacking a little on my running lately. I'm trying to still run 3 miles three times a week and a long run on the weekends. Most weeks I've run 3 miles at least two days a week, but slacked on the third day. I have missed my long runs several times in the past two months. It's probably because of the fact that I have no goal to work toward and no set schedule for my runs.
Last weekend I attempted to run a 13 mile run. I got to 8 miles, and was so chaffed around my upper/inner thighs that I had to stop. It was quite depressing - my thighs have gotten so fat. I probably could have run the distance if the chaffing hadn't happened, but I'll never know.
So this weekend, I ran with some shorts that were a lot tighter - kinda like biker shorts, but without the padding. I also used Vaseline as extra insurance. It really helped. I was able to run a full 12 miles. The first few miles were sub-10 minute miles, and I finished the whole thing in about 2 hrs, including two bathroom breaks, several hydration breaks, and a short refuel break. It made me feel really good.
Next week Amy will be able to run with me. I would like to attempt 14 miles, but we'll see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment