Over the past month we have had two snow/ice storms in Georgia. Usually we might get one snow during a winter, but it doesn't really stick, and it's usually gone by the afternoon. With the mild winter and the rainy and mild summer last year, I knew this winter would be rough. We have already had two shut-the-state-down snow storms, and there may be more to come before it's all over.
When a snow storm shuts the state down, both of our offices close too. For me, I'm salaried and I can work from home, so I don't miss anything. But for Rob, who is hourly and can't bring work home, if he doesn't go to the office, he doesn't get paid. For four days over the past month, Rob's office was closed, so we were losing money.
With the increased cost of healthcare this year, as well as general inflation cost, we were already on a tight budget. I've been trying to cut corners where I can by making more meals at home, because eating out was one of our big monthly expenses. We knew we were going on a cruise for vacation this year, and had saved and planned for it already (along with the help of our cruise points from our credit card).
We open our mail once a month when I pay all the bills all at one time. This morning I opened our mail so I could pay bills on the plane on the way to Miami for the cruise. In the mail, was a check from our mortgage company for the exact amount we had estimated that we were losing from the four days our offices were closed. To top it off, we usually have to pay extra for our escrow account, so I had already budgeted for that expense. So now, we have the cash we needed, and we have one less expense. All I could think was, "God is so good."
If we are faithful to God, he will be faithful to us. He will provide for all our needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment