Alan loves cars, trucks, Thomas the train, and pretty much anything like that, so I decided his theme for this year would be Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. We had the party at our house, and only invited family and a few close friends with kids.
The invitations were boarding passes and were printed onto card stock paper.
I split the house into the three theme rooms.
The Plane Room
We had one room for Planes, which was the playroom where the craft was set up.
The decorations for the Plane room consisted of an "airport" with a runway and a helicopter landing pad.
The craft was an airplane magnets made out of clothes pins and Popsicle sticks. The kids could decorate it with glitter glue.
The Train Room
The train room was the living room. I set up train tracks leading up to the living room using electrical tape. I purchased the railroad crossing sign off amazon to add to the post to the stairs.
Inside the train room, I had a train set on the coffee table for the kids to play with. This was also the room where we opened presents.
The presents were initially dropped off at the Cargo area in the plane room.
The Automobile Room
The automobile room was the kitchen. On the kitchen floor, I set up several play spots with various different automobile scenes using the toys Alan already had.
We had a construction zone, a school zone, a Monster truck rally, a race track, and a parking garage. I also purchased traffic signs from Amazon to hang around the room.
The room was a hit with the kids, as they played with all of Alan's toys.
Food and Cake
The food and cake also followed the theme. The cake was make out of banana bread and was shaped like a train.
For food, we also had Monster Truck Tires (chocolate donuts),
Steering wheels (bagel halves),
Lumps of Coal (cocoa krispie treats),
Traffic lights (fruit skewers with strawberries, pineapples, and green grapes),
and Gasoline to drink (apple juice - don't worry! The gas can was brand new!)
I set the table up like a road in the dining room. We also had blueberry muffins shaped like cars that "drove" along the road.
Activities
For activities we had the craft (airplane magnets above), toys set up in the various different theme rooms, and a car kiddie pool with a slide set up outside on the deck.
Finally, I set up a baggage claim carousel with the party favor bags on the kitchen table.
Alan's party was a big success. You can see the video of everyone singing Happy Birthday here.
Birthday boy opening presents


















.jpg)







You're the coolest mommy ever!!!
ReplyDelete