The Simon family has decided to follow God's calling to adopt a little girl from Albania. Read more about our journey here.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Future Marathon Momma?

My marathon training has officially begun. Today was the first day, and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Sure, I've done five marathons already, but I didn't have a baby at that time. Finding the time and energy to get the training done will be a challenge.

I'm shooting for a 4-hour marathon again, but at this point, just finishing will be a success after my two year hiatus from marathoning.

I ran 10 miles last Saturday in preparation for marathon training. That was the longest I have run since I was eight months pregnant.

My training plan this week consists of:
Two easy 4 mile runs (today and Friday)
One 5 mile marathon pace run (tomorrow - we'll see how that goes trying to run at marathon pace with a baby jogger in front of you)
One 7 mile LSD (long, slow distance) run on Saturday

If I can pull this off, I'll officially rename my blog to Marathon Momma. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment